What’s better than one bottle of champagne?? TWO! Next time you’re in the mood for a few mimosas, grab an extra bottle of champagne, fill up an ice tray and stick the tray in your freezer until it’s solid. Your mimosas will stay chilly and won’t be watered down with the ice cubes – genius!
I made these poppers a few weeks ago and they were a hit! We ran out of mini sausages so we used ham instead and it was still delicious. You could probably substitute any meat in for the sausages, just don’t replace the bacon! Everything tastes better with bacon 🙂 We grilled the poppers for about 20 minutes and then broiled them for five. Next time I’ll cook them the way they were meant to be, with mini sausages and the smoker, I’m sure they will taste even better.
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 10 bacon slices, cut in half
- 10 mini sausages or smokies (or 20 if they are very small)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 2 shallots, minced
- Slice the jalapenos lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove the seeds and membrane. If using bell peppers, quarter them after they are seeded.
- Mix the cream cheese, monterey jack, chipotle powder and minced shallots. Fill the hollowed out portion of the peppers with the cheese mixture.
- Place the smokie on top of the cream cheese. Wrap the half slice of bacon around the jalapeno. If the bacon is not staying tightly wrapped, it may be necessary to use a toothpick to hold it in place.
- Smoke the ABTs in the smoker, set at 225F, for 2-3 hours, or until the bacon is browned