You always know you’ve found a winning appetizer when you continue to make it again and again, not only to enjoy it yourself but to also watch the reactions of your friends and family when they bite into its absolute deliciousness. That’s exactly what happened when I came across this recipe!
I made this appetizer for Christmas, and I believe my dad’s exact words were, “Don’t bother cooking anymore I’ll just eat this all day.” I knew I got my love for appetizers and dips from someone! I made it again for Valentine’s Day and it was just as delicious, and I can’t wait to make it for a third time!
The addition of cream cheese and ranch, plus the traditional buffalo chicken spiciness, make this appetizer a must-have. The recipe calls for it to be made in layers and that’s how I’ve prepared it both times, but I’ve also heard of people mixing it all together and saying it was just as delicious.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained (I boiled a few chicken breasts instead)
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce (pretty sure I used more than a 1/2 cup but would recommend tailoring it to your tastes)
- ½ cup ranch salad dressing (don’t feel like you have to limit yourself to a 1/2 cup, I made sure the chicken was covered!)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Sharp Cheddar cheese
- French bread baguette slices, celery ribs or tortilla chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread cream cheese into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish.
- Layer with chicken, wing sauce and salad dressing
- Sprinkle with additional hot sauce and then top with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.