This post is making me extremely depressed. I absolutely loveddddd these rolls when I made them a few months ago, and when I went back to the website to retrieve the recipe, it was gone! How dare they?! I feel deprived, betrayed, depressed…but this is what Google is for. I found the recipe on a different website, and I know it’s the right one because I do remember putting olives in the rolls, thinking it was a little odd, and then thanking the recipe because I was clearly in the wrong. Delicious appetizer!
Crescent Rolls with Feta & Spinach
- 2 tubes Pillsbury (or whatever brand) crescent rolls, 8 ct.
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz. fresh baby spinach (about half of a pre-washed bag), chopped
- 2 oz. black olives, finely diced (optional)
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop the spinach and olives and put them in a large mixing bowl. Add the feta, mozzarella, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Toss thoroughly and set the bowl aside.
- Unroll the crescent dough and divide into triangles.
- Using a spoon, place small heaps of the spinach mixture on the wide part of the dough triangle.
- Roll them up and place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush them lightly with the egg white.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately (they’re still good when they’re at room temp, but when they’re warm they’re out of this world good.)